Each entrant will accrue points towards the overall ‘Colonia Classics’ prizes/trophies within each Category through participation in each ‘Classic’ race, however the following should be noted;
- Individuals must enter and complete all 3 ‘Colonia Classics’ and adhere to the wetsuit rules to be eligible for the overall ‘Colonia Classics’ Category prizes/trophies. Finishers in each event will automatically be awarded 1 point for each Kilometre completed.
- All ‘Elite’ Category swimmers will accrue points as per the points & position schedule indicated.
- All ‘Non-Elite Junior’ category swimmers will accrue points as per the points & position schedule indicated.
- All ‘Non-Elite Senior’ category swimmers will accrue points within the age bandings listed and as per the points & position schedule indicated.
All swimmers completing a ‘Colonia Classic’ will be awarded 1 point for each Kilometre swum:
- 5km = 5 points, 1.5km = 1.5 points, 7km = 7 points, 10km = 10 points.
Additional points will be awarded for swimmers finishing 1st to 15th on the following basis;
- 1st (20), 2nd (18), 3rd (16), 4th (14), 5th (12), 6th (10), 7th (9), 8th (8), 9th (7), 10th (6), 11th (5), 12th (4), 13th (3), 14th (2), 15th (1).
Non-Elite senior age bandings
In line with the Category system for all ‘Non-Elite Senior Male’ and ‘Non-Elite Senior Female’ swimmers (as detailed in the notes above), the following age bands will be used for the accrual of points;
- 18-29 years, 30-39 years, 40-49 years, 50-59 years, 61+ years (age as of 31st December 2019).