- Categories are relevant to all three ‘Colonia Classics’ races (see below).
- Despite being chip timed, our ‘Challenge’ events are not considered to be races. The exception is the ‘220 Triathlon Corberana Challenge’ event, which offers podium prizes in wetsuit and non-wetsuit categories.
- ‘Relay’ events have a variety of categories (e.g. ‘Family’, ‘Male’, ‘Female’ and ‘Mixed’). Details are available on the event information page(s).
- ‘SwimRun’ has a variety of categories (e.g. ‘Singles’ and ‘Pairs’) for Male, Female and Mixed team entrants across Junior and Senior age groups.
‘Colonia Classic‘ Categories
For the purposes of the ‘Colonia Classics’ the following headline categories will apply for ‘on the day’ race medals;
- Elite Junior Male.
- Elite Junior Female.
- Elite Senior Male.
- Elite Senior Female.
- Non-Elite Junior Male.
- Non-Elite Junior Female.
- Non-Elite Senior Male.*
- Non-Elite Senior Female.*
*The overall ‘Colonia Classics‘ series prizes will be awarded using the same categories listed above with the exception of the Non-Elite Senior Males & Non-Elite Senior Females. These will be awarded in sub-categories according to the following age bands; 18-29 years, 30-39 years, 40-49 years, 50-59 years, 60+ years (age as of 31st December 2020).
An ‘Elite’ swimmer is considered to be;
- “Any swimmer of any age who has been selected for and/or who has represented any National Federation, as an individual, or as part of a team, within the last 3 years.”
A ‘Junior’ swimmer is considered to be;
- At least 14 years old on the date of the event.
- Under 18 on 31st December 2020.
A ‘Senior’ swimmer is considered to be;
- 18 Years or over on 31st December 2020.